Starting this Winter (January 14, 2022), SCA will be starting a flag football league in partnership with Under Armour called "Scottsdale Under the Lights". This will be open to current 1st-8th graders and games will be played on Friday nights. Practice time will be available before the game on Friday nights so this is only a one evening a week commitment.
Complete details can be found here: https://www.uaflag.com/page/show/3030201-scottsdale-2022-winter-season-
For any questions, please email: [email protected]
· January 14, 21, 28
· February 4, 18, 25
· March 4,11 (Playoffs/Championship)
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- $200 Registration Fee
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives football
- Divisions set by Grade (1st-2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th)
- 7 game season plus Tournament
- 6 v 6 format on 30 yd wide x 50 yard fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- Practice time available before games.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" requests. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as the same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- Trophies and/or medals and/or plaques are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food trucks and music at games
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 3 weeks prior to kickoff.
HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.All Coaches and
- Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
- Coaches Certification
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.